Re: TR3 restoration - rust removal - let's talk compressors!

To: rtriplett25@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3 restoration - rust removal - let's talk compressors!
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:49:46 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/2005 5:54:48 PM Central Standard Time,
rtriplett25@yahoo.com writes:
> Now I'm wondering about whether I'm damaging the
> compressors by running two of them off the same
> circuit. They both claim to require 10AMPS at 120V and
> I have a 30Amp 10 gauge single-outlet circuit that's
> only 30 feet from service panel to outlet. Neither
> compressor is on an extension cord. I measured voltage
> and here are readings:
>
> Unloaded: 120.5 volts
> One compressor: 117.1 volts
> Two compressors: 113.5 volts

One thing you can do is run a separate circuit for the other compressor.
Even if the drop is in the line from the pole if you power the other compressor
from the other phase you will get 117.1 volts regardless of whether you have
one or both running.

The other thing you can do is put a fan on the compressors.  Heat is the
killer and moving air will help keep things cool.

Dave