Re: auto body work

To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: auto body work
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:58:41 -0700
Mark, if you don't get any answers from the San Diego email listers, try going
to some local car cruises or weekly car shows.  Ask some of the car owners
where they got there cars painted.  Up here in L.A., we have dozens of weekly
shows, usually on Saturday and Sunday mornings.  Even if you don't get any
good recommendations, you still get to see some great cars.

I've also experienced the same thing regarding collision work.  The insurance
companies are the bread and butter for the body shops.  So collision work
takes precedence.  I know 2 good local shops, both take a long time on
collector cars.  The shop that did my car took 6 months.  I'll bet they turned
out 2 to 4 collision cars a day while working on my car, apparently in their
off time.  However, it was worth the wait as they did a great job.

Good luck.

paulw