Re: auto body work

To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: auto body work
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 21:32:18 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Willoughby" <paulwillou@socal.rr.com>
To: "TR" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 7:58 PM

> I've also experienced the same thing regarding collision work.  The
insurance
> companies are the bread and butter for the body shops.  So collision work
> takes precedence.

Listers:

I totally disagree with taking a car to a shop that specializes in collision
work but takes in collector cars "to fill in".

When I was searching for a shop to do the metal and paint work on the TR2 I
looked until I found a shop that did only restoration work on collector
cars.  It is a completely different mind set to do a job for Allstate when
the goal is to try to beat the 20 hour allowed on a fender and then to take
the time to do it right on a classic.  A panel beater that is accustomed to
cutting corners will do that on every patient.

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana