Re: auto body work

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: auto body work
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:22:56 -0700
Steve TR6 wrote:

>People who are less than honest and/or lazy tend to produce poor
>results. The sign that a guy hangs on the door of his business is only a
>veneer.

I'd have to second that.  My TR3A was done by a guy whose shop is mostly
repairing rental cars.  On the TR he did all the artistic bits himself
and used his usual crew for the grunt work.  Gave me a fixed price bid
then proceeded to use a very expensive paint and acheived a quality of
finish much better than I had in mind.  Took him 16 months and I doubt
he made minimum wage on the job if he had kept track of the time & expense.

There were specialty shops available but I simply could not afford to
put that much dough into the car... for me this approach gave me all I
wanted and more for a very reasonable price (known in advance).

Geo Hahn