RE: auto body work

To: "'Lou Metelko'" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>, "'TR'"
Subject: RE: auto body work
From: "Steve TR6" <stevestr6@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:50:27 -0700
>Listers:

>I totally disagree with taking a car to a shop that specializes in
collision
>work but takes in collector cars "to fill in".

Hi-
  Kind of a blanket statement. I took mine to "Fender Mender of Ventura"
as a "fill in". I needed mostly structural work, alignments and a really
nice paint job. I got to know the owner of the shop quite well; nice
guy, needs to make a living somehow. The whole operation took 9 months
and he had me show up at the shop many, many times so we could discuss
each step. I felt full 'artistic' and cost control over the project. My
opinion is that the choice of a body man's business model depends on the
market he is serving and what that looks like to him. Everyone needs to
make a living. He interviewed me to make sure I wouldn't be a pain. He
did exactly what I wanted and my car drives great, gets lots of
attention and I never get tired of looking at it myself.

People who are honest and work hard produce generally good results.
People who are less than honest and/or lazy tend to produce poor
results. The sign that a guy hangs on the door of his business is only a
veneer.

-Steve
'74 TR6
CI, Ca.