RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:05:33 -0400
Dean,
Being a small business owner myself, I can shed some light on the problem...
You are paying for setting up the job which wouldn't be a big deal if you
were doing 25 sets of drums. Having your machinist just do one set means he
is pretty much just charging you for the setup of the job. Actually running
the job probably is about 10 per cent of whatever he is going to charge you.
You mentioned 3 separate operations which have to be done on each drum. If
his shop rate is say $55.00 per hour, he is being pretty optomistic I think.
If you can find a set of drums that are already modified, get those.
Hope this helps,
Dave Connitt