RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com>
Subject: RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <trstevens@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 15:21:30 -0400
On Thu, 19 May 2005 "Dean Mericas" <dmericas@limno.com> wrote: RE: Cost for
modifying 240Z brake drums
[snip]
 >Maybe its time to bring out the Dremel ; ^ )

I found that on one side of my TR6, all I had to do to make the Datsun drum
fit was to open up the hub center a tiny bit with the dremel tool.  On the
other side the groove was not in the right spot for the dust shield (the
difference was on the car, not the drums).   Have you actually checked to
see if there's interference?  You may actually be able to get away with
just touching up the hub center and lug holes.
--
Ted Stevens     trstevens@earthlink.net
'74 TR6 Gaithersburg, MD