RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:48:19 -0700
> I do remember I had to look for a TR6 drum, because they don't
> know what a TR3 is.

However be careful with that, since a TR3 drum is not the same as a TR6 !

Properly machined TR6 drums won't even fit a TR3A with 9" rear brakes
(TR3/early 3A had 10" rear) because the solid axle cars have a flange on the
rear studs that the brake drum must fit over.  IRS cars don't have the
flange on the stud, so the holes in the drum are smaller.

The backing plates apparently vary too, although I'm not sure why.

Randall