RE: Electric radiator fan attachment

To: <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Electric radiator fan attachment
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 11:21:03 -0700
> His argument was that over time the bouncing will loosen the fins &
> maybe damage the tubes.  I still have the front apron off the car so
> it would only take a few minutes to remove the radiator & run it over
> to his shop.
>
> His logic seem reasonable, but I am wondering if it would be worth
> the hassle?  Has anyone ever had trouble with the plastic after
> market mounting strips damaging their radiator??

I was worried about the same thing, and asked my radiator guy (who I've
dealt with for probably 25 years) about it.  He said it was no problem, as
long as I was careful to keep the plastic "ties" away from the tubes and
touching only the fins.  That was 15-20 years ago, and I never had a
problem.  Did replace the radiator finally, but not because of that, and the
old radiator didn't show any damage around the plastic ties.

Randall