RE: Electric radiator fan attachment

To: "'Gerald M Van Vlack'" <jerryvv@alltel.net>,
Subject: RE: Electric radiator fan attachment
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 13:00:49 -0700
One of the issues that has been overlooked in this discussion is the
amount of surface area that is being cooled by the fan.

Using the plastic ties and mounting the ties right against the radiator
ensures that only the tubes directly in front of (or behind, depending
on whether the fan is a puller or pusher) will have air drawn across
the,

By mounting the fan on a shroud spaced a distance from the radiator
core, the air will be distributed across all the coils and be much more
effective.

Joe C.