Re: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cost for modifying 240Z brake drums
From: Acey2525@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:37:10 EDT
I'm sorry folks I must have missed something replacing my dead coil, it was
a coil failure BTW -- are we talking about 10 inch drums?  I've been  nursing
the 10 inch rear drums on my TR3 for years, afraid to get them cut,  thinking
about how to convert to disk brakes etc because they don't make  them anymore.
 I'd buy these in a second and get out the Dremel --  anything is better than
the out of round, wore, 10 inch drums (they still  stop and the emergency
brake works great)  that I currently have.

Does anyone have the dimensions on how deep you can safely cut 10 inch
drums?  They've been milled too many times.

Thanks in advance,
Jack McMahon
TR3A TS56298L
Philadelphia, PA