RE: Spitfires

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spitfires
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:01:44 -0700
> VTR 2004 in Richmond

But, that points out the other huge problem with a single, national club ...
it's over 2600 miles from my home to Richmond !  Joe C lives a little
closer, but still I'll bet the thought of spending a full week on the road
to get there and back was a major factor in his not attending.

I live in the second largest metropolis in the United States, yet there has
never been a VTR convention less than 1000 miles away.  What's wrong with
this picture ?

And don't talk to me about Triumphest ... it's an effect of NEVER having had
a VTR convention within reasonable driving distance, not a cause.

By all reports there was a sharp decline in east coast attendance at
Breckenridge, CO, even though it's only slightly west of center.  Can you
imagine how many would come to San Francisco, for example ?

Then there's the TRA "national" meet, bragging about how they're west of the
Mississippi for the first time ... but still in the eastern half even of the
lower 48.

Randall