Re: Spitfires

To: spitlist@cox.net, tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfires
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:22:42 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 2:55:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

I have  advocated that the VTR board REQUIRE local chapters to hold a
convention on  a revolving basis either on their own or jointly with
another  chapter.  There are enough chapters across the US that it would
not  put a large burden on any particular one if they only had to host
one every  10 years or so.

That would be nice, but won't work. Its too much work for too many people
and requires too big a financial commitment to force anyone to do it. My local
club, for example, once hosted one of the biggest and best VTR conventions
ever - I hope we will do it again, but if we were required to do it right now,
 think the club would either break up or be forced to disassociate from VTR -
 enthusiasm of the magnitude needed seems to run in cycles.
Its hard to REQUIRE anyone to do anything in a volunteer organization.  Heck,
VTR doesn't even require all members of chapter clubs to be VTR members -
and it really hurts that so few are.

If  as you say, Randall, it has nothing to do with Triumphest, then why
don't  the CA chapters belly up to the bar and host an event.  I am sure
the  VTR board would be overwhelmed to back that.
YES!

Cheers
Jack Mc