Re: Selling my '60 TR-3A

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Selling my '60 TR-3A
From: <beaker211@rogers.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 21:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
John,

Dont' sell it! I made the mistake of selling my beloved little japanese car
(LJC?), a sweet 1987 Toyota Celica, and regretted it ever since. If I had a
choice, I would have my Celica (that the next owner (my sister) drove into the
ground) AND my beloved GT6. Of course, I would probably do something silly like
try to swap transmissions or something. A five speed *would* be nice in the
GT6, by golly.

Anyway, I sold it for a minvan since I didn't think I would get enough use out
of it (or at least that's what my wife told me at the time). Had I kept it, I
would now have a $500 car beside my $7,000 car. And a minivan still, I suppose.

If you really must get rid of it, I'll find the Celica and we can do a trade.
What do you say?

Cameron
'71 GT6 (the only one worth mentioning)

John Cowan <jcbiz@pacbell.net> wrote:
Sadly, I must sell my 1960 TR-3A that I have owned since 1965. The
alternative seems to be to let is sink once again into disuse and I don't
want to do that.

Can anyone give me some suggestion about how to accurately value it -
beyond the Kelly Vintage Blue Book - so it sells reasonably quickly for a
fair price.

Also, someone suggested that advertising it in Hemmings made more sense
than selling it on eBay. Do you agree?

Many thanks,

John Cowan