Re: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 08:47:05 -0700
John & Patricia Donnelly wrote:

> a.  Should a brake squeal adhesive, such as that used on American
> vehicles (the blue goo), be benificial to reduce the squeal? The
> manuals don't mention anything.

The blue stuff is what I used and it eliminated a bad squeal problem on
my TR4.

> Will switching to the "green" pads help the dust and thus the squeal
> problem?

I also had a lot of dust, removed the restictor innards and went with
the pad Moss offers that is 'guaranteed to not dust' (not the green
pad).  Maybe not zero dust but very little -- wheels are Spa White and
stay decent looking between washings.

Haven't had the pedal travel problem though.

Geo Hahn