RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure
From: "Biedermann, Frank (SSABSA)" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:48:50 +0930
> FWIW, I have had this exact same problem pop up when I
> recently switched to
> DOT5 silicone fluif.  I've tone down the MC twice, and
> confirmed that it
> works as I think it should on the bench, and pulled the guts
> out of the
> residual pressure valve.  The problem is reduced, but still there.
>
> I'm now convinced that this is the result of different fluif
> properties, as
> was suggested by another lister.  Odd that this doesn't show
> up on all of
> the web pages discussing the pros and cons of DOT5.

Er, I'm not convinced that DOT5 is the problem at all. Why? I have the
problem using DOT4 fluid/fluif. I haven't done a lot of investigating as I'm
used to compensating for it - the first time I have to stop/brake I just
pump the pedal once and thereafter I don't have a problem (nice solid brake
pedal with little travel). It seems to me to be a very odd problem, and I've
been following the thread looking for a definitive solution with interest,
but it doesn't bother me too much at all. It may do if somebody borrows my
car and slams into the back of someone else because of it though...

Frank Biedermann
69TR6 PI
Adelaide
AUSTRALIA