RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Two TR Brake ?'s - Dust & Pressure
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:06:35 -0700
> Like I tried to
> say, I've disassembled the M/C twice, and the piston/spring
> assembly returns
> quickly and completely when pushed in on the bench. I can't get it to
> replicate the hang-up with it out of the car.

Just a suggestion, Dean, try replacing the big spring inside the MC.  They
do sometimes get tired with age.  Don't have the P/N handy, but it's
available from both Moss & TRF, for just a couple of bucks.

Also check the endplay of the linkage with it installed on the car, and that
the pedal returns fully on it's pivot.

The piston sans seal should have enough clearance to the bore that it falls
out under it's own weight (no seal, no spring).  If not, you may need to
polish it up with some crocus cloth.

Has your MC been resleeved ?

Randall