Re: generator polarization

To: scherer_william@hotmail.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: generator polarization
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 07:48:47 EDT
In a message dated 7/6/2005 8:15:03 PM Central Standard Time,
scherer_william@hotmail.com writes:
> What is the easiest way to polarize the generator on a pos ground LBC?
> The only way I have ever done it was to use jumper cables to hook up the
> battery to the generator.
> Bill in MN

That is the safest way to do it but the easiest way is to remove the cover
from the control box and momentarily close one of the control contacts.  Which
one I don't recall off hand the Lucas representative who told me that also told
me he didn't tell me that so I suspect there is an opportunity to screw
things up if you are not careful.

The jumper method is simple enough, I recommend that.

Dave