RE: [Wedge] TR6 help - off topic

To: <ashby@hersheys.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [Wedge] TR6 help - off topic
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 15:56:45 -0700
> But if someone swapped VIN tags there could be some
> legal issues.

Oh piffle.  We're enthusiasts and can't find out for sure if the VIN tag has
been changed ... even BMIHT has been known to make mistakes, and besides
which it's legal to change every single part that has a serial number on it.
What chance does your state's motor vehicle department have of noticing
anything wrong ?

As long as the VIN tag matches the title, the only way you could possibly
get in trouble is if someone runs up and says "That's my car".  Even then,
they'd have a really tough time proving it.

When I reported to the CA DMV that my VIN tag didn't match my title, they
just looked at the car, did a stolen car search on my actual VIN ... then
changed the title to match.

Randall