Re: [Wedge] TR6 help - off topic

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, ashby@hersheys.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Wedge] TR6 help - off topic
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 07:35:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/2005 6:05:43 PM Central Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:
> >But if someone swapped VIN tags there could be some
> >legal issues.
>
> Oh piffle.  We're enthusiasts and can't find out for sure if the VIN tag has
> been changed ... even BMIHT has been known to make mistakes, and besides
> which it's legal to change every single part that has a serial number on it.
> What chance does your state's motor vehicle department have of noticing
> anything wrong ?

Don't forget that this issue started with the statement that this 1970 TR6
had bumper overriders.  This opened the whole scenario that someone swapped
VIN's between an early car and a late car.  When it turned out to be a typo the
alarm flag was lowered.  But slowly.

Dave