Re: VTR 2005

To: spitlist@cox.net, jdinnis@gmail.com
Subject: Re: VTR 2005
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:34:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/05 11:47:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, spitlist@cox.net
writes:

> Let me define Huxley for you and see what you think:

Joe,
Huxley as you have defined would fit very nicely into the VTR Modified
Concours Class.  In this class the Triumph's are judged for Quality of
Restoration
and Presentation.  There are no Authenticity deductions.  They are judged by a
separate judging team.  There were 13 Triumph's in the Modified class in
Rockford and the class is highly competitive. It is a subjective decision by
nature
and some of the judges may have the opinion that the more Goodies fitted the
better, others may be influenced by the presence of period modifications.  I
am like that and my 70 Spitfire is highly modified with mostly period equipment
while still exhibiting original qualities. I have won a 2nd in class VTR
award with her years ago at the 1st National in Minnesota.
I guess it is simply up to the owner if they what to compete in Judged
Concours or have friends and admirers cast there vote for their Triumph in
Participants Choice. Now I hope we are all friends here and no response is
required but
I sometimes wonder why we can't vote for any car on the field in Participants
Choice? This will never happen but at least it was nice that all the cars
were parked together on the Show Field in Rockford.  No separation into two
shows
as normal.  We are all one family and all our Triumphs are special to each
and every one of us.  Whether it is a Big Triumph TR, Little Triumph Spit/GT6,
Wedge, Historic or Special Interest, Driver, Showroom, Period Modified, Touring
Modified or Prepared Modified I like them all.  If you think about it that is
strength of the Triumph Marque.  We could be debating Chrome Bumper and
Rubber Bumper.
Cheers,
Darrell