Re: VTR 2005

To: spitlist@cox.net
Subject: Re: VTR 2005
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:43:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/05 3:43:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time, spitlist@cox.net
writes:

> That is good information.  However, I likely would still not enter
> either of my cars in that judging because of a couple of issues:
>
> -1 The Red Car (which is closer to original than the black one) was
> restored long enough ago that the ravages of time are starting to take
> their toll.
> -2 If the cars are all lumped in the same class the judges are forced to
> decide which model they like better if two cars are judges to be of the
> same points value.  The Participants choices don't have that problem
>
> Joe

Joe,
Those are valid issues. As I said previously we are trying to address some of
the issues in the Modified Class and will have something new in the Shape of
Things to Come.  There will always be Participants Choice.
Hey, I forgot to mention Race Cars!  Everytime I go to the Vintage Races at
Mid Ohio I am really impressed with the quality of the restorations of Triumph
Race Cars.  Some would beat the pants off the Showroom restorations.  I sure
wish we could attract them to a VTR National.  Maybe we could do one California
at, what is it, Laguna Seca or Sears Point Race Track.  Mid Ohio would be
great for me.
Cheers,
Darrell