Re: VTR 2005

To: spitlist@cox.net, frede.thomas2@verizon.net, TR250Driver@aol.com,
Subject: Re: VTR 2005
From: McGaheyRx@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 14:05:25 EDT
In a message dated 8/4/2005 12:02:02 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spitlist@cox.net writes:

Maybe so  Fred, but you are speaking from your personal feelings and
cannot speak for  what others were influenced by.  Owning a Spit
yourself, it is easy to  see how that may not apply to you.  It just
seems like such a  coincidence that the only time a Spit got BOS was
immediately following the  blowup.

Well, I can tell you (because I was there) that the BOS decision this year
had nothing to do with any "blowup" - it had everything to do with the cars
that  were at this years convention and some folks who worked hard at making a
proper,  objective decision

Not taking anything away from this year's award and the car's  owner, but
this is not giving proper respect to other Spits that in the  past were
indeed shunned.  One in particular is that gorgeous Wedgwood  blue Spit
previously owned by Bill McDevitt.

following the BOS decision, someone (I don't remember who and wouldn't say
if I did) said something to the effect that this year's BOS wouldn't do
anything  to satisfy people who think Spitfires don't get enough respect -
they'll
just  say we picked the wrong Spit in the wrong year - looks like they were
right

Regardless of how it came to pass, It is good to see that the  Spits are
finally getting some respect.  Only time will tell if it is  an anomaly
or it continues.

Something needs to be said about perspective here - if a person owns, or  has
only owned only 1 model of Triumph and is totally devoted to that car,  then
I think maybe that person is always going to think that model doesn't get
enough respect - I've heard TR8 people don't think TR8s get enough respect,
ditto for TR7s and (this one really surprised me)
I recently heard a TR250 owner say the 6-pack has no respect for TR250s and
Ive heard GT6 owners say that  the NASS has no respect for them. I  personally
think that any accusation that VTR has a lack of respect  for Spits or any
other particular Triumph, is ridiculous - maybe that's  because I own examples
of 4 different Triumph models, I've thought  about buying or actually tried to
buy several others and I love em all. And I  think that many Triumph owners
devoted to a particular model are always going to  feel theirs doesn't get
enough respect and regard any evidence to the contrary  as an anomaly.

Cheers
Jack Mc