Re: TR6 Stereo Installation

To: "mr laing" <mrlaing2002@hotmail.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Stereo Installation
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:37:03 -0500
I cut out the center section of the console to accept a modern radio. I have
a spare center console if I chose to reinstall the original ( don't think I
ever will ).
I think used center consoles can be had for $ 50.00 and eliminates trying to
relocate the radio.
I am using Pioneer enclosed 2 way 5" TS-TRX40 speakers.  They have a plastic
casing which takes up less room then mounting speakers in a box.  Plus I can
hear them with the top down.  I had them on the rear shelf, but I think I
will be putting them behind the seats this time.
www.pioneerelectronics.com-Truckriders-TS-TRX40

Someone thought it was such a great set up they went Christmas shopping in
my car; last week.

I have since replaced it all and will be removing the face plate from now
on.
The speakers are a bit hard to find.

Al Salvatore
www.triumphowners.com/624