Re: TR6 Stereo Installation

To: paul@cynthesys.co.za, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Stereo Installation
From: acekraut11@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:40:22 -0500
Paul,

I will take a stab at this one.  I have never heard of it or seen it
but don't see why it wouldnt be possible.  I actually have my rheostat
wired so that it is at full strength all the time just by attaching the
wires to one side of the switch.  This is quite easy since there is a
double male terminal on each side of the switch.  Heck, the lights are
so dim anyways that I cant imagine wanting to make them less bright.
Doing what you ask would be possible but would require you to
disassemble the rheostat in order to do that.  Without trying it
specifically I am not sure what adaptations would need to be made to
make it possible.  It might be easier to just remove the knob and use
the knob with an electronic volume control dial.  Taking the knob into
an electronics store would let you know if this was feasible.  If so
you would need to tape or otherwise secure the rest of the rheostat
behind the dash.  If I were you I would opt to leave the rheostat where
it was located and instead wire a volume control knob into the system,
and run it under the carpet and either mount it mostly out of sight but
still within reach under the dash or even tuck it in next to the
drivers seat.  With a simple volume control knob in this position it
would  easy to find without having to take your eyes off the road and
almost invisible.

My two cents.

Aaron

Aaron Cropley