RE: [TR] when to say when on a radiator?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] when to say when on a radiator?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:40:24 -0700
> I understand that I am the one who decided to take the risk and buy this
50
> year old radiator.  I was a bit put-off that my retired radiator man said
it
> was 'not good' on the basis of it's age and appearance only.  I guess I
want
> to ask the list on the basis of WHAT should I make my judgement call?

Take it to a radiator man who is NOT retired, and have it tested for
pressure, flow and efficiency.  Have it "rodded out" as well.  If he says
it's "no good", then you have a beef with the seller.

Personally, I wouldn't buy any TR radiator from the back of a MG.  Poor
thing probably died of embarrassment !
<g>

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org