Re: [TR] TR3A: Removing Radiator without removing Apron

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A: Removing Radiator without removing Apron
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 13:06:51 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/2006 9:47:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

Let me  get this straight.  You can remove 15 bolts and swivel the front
apron
> and work around it running the risk of scratching the paint and  denting the
> sheetmetal

On my TR3A you can't even do that.   The top of the apron has to come
straight up
first, to disengage the  stiffening rib from the supports on the inner
fenders.

Randall

 Several years ago, I saw an illustrated article showing how to remove  the
radiator without touching the apron by going through the bottom. It  was a show
car and the owner did not want to risk damaging apron paint.

Best. Mike Moore

===     http://www.vtr.org