RE: [TR] TR3A: Removing Radiator without removing Apron

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3A: Removing Radiator without removing Apron
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:27:17 -0700
>  Several years ago, I saw an illustrated article showing how to
> remove  the
> radiator without touching the apron by going through the bottom.

That might work, but removing the apron still sounds easier to me.  To take
the radiator out the bottom, I think you're going to have to start by
removing the fan in some very close quarters, then the starter dog (which
will have to go out through the hole in the radiator, no room for it
otherwise), then unbolt the extension from the front pulley.  Cross-tube has
to come out, and probably the center link for the steering as well.

And I'll bet it's still mighty tight quarters in there.  Not such a big
issue pulling the old one out, but then I'd hate to put a hole in the new
one, putting it back in !

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org