Re: [TR] car stereo choices

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] car stereo choices
From: "Alan Salvatore" <6parts@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:16:00 -0400
I went with a Pioneer head unit that had 50 watts a channel.
I had a spare center support which I cut out to fit the new radio; so I
still could install the original radio someday.  But then the 10 watt
original radio went the way of Ebay.
After trying some cheaper speakers, that didn't do the job,
I then installed Pioneer TS-TRX40 speakers in the rear.  Used the heavy
speaker wire that comes with them.
They are a bit hard to find; probably because they're a bit pricy compared
to regular car speakers.
They call them a 2-way bass reflex system with a 100 watts max.
True specs are 35 watts;  2 1/4 PPS dome Tweeter;  5" cone woofer. Whatever
all that means.
These will give you a nice rumble through the seats.  I have them mounted on
the floor behind the seats.( Benefit of being short)
They come in their own casing and don't take up as much room as a set of
6x9 in a box do.  I have no problem hearing them with the top down.
I haven't had the need to put an amplifer to the system.
But that will probably be coming;  just  to keep up with the Ashfords.:>)
I still have a set of 4" speakers in the kidney panels, but their effect is
rather nill.

Al Salvatore
76TR6 daily

===     http://www.vtr.org