Re: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Rear Shock Conversion Frame Problems
From: David Brady <dmb993@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 21:24:28 -0400
Randall,

I should have preceded everything I said with "in theory" (lol),
and I know that you already know what I'm talking about,
I'm certainly not teaching you anything new here.

In practice, my 12 inch 90 degree arm (was 2 inches)
will flex and will deliver it's own component of torque
to the nut (and it might not be a small component, but
I think it will be a fraction of the intended torque say an
additional 10 to 20%).

David B
'68 TR250
CD8124L