Re: [TR] TR4 Heaters

To: timipurdy@citlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Heaters
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 21:06:53 EST
In a message dated 12/16/2006 7:28:29 PM Central Standard Time,
timipurdy@citlink.net writes:
> The heater in my 64 TR4 no longer works at all.  The fan, went out a year
> ago,
> making an ugly sounds, but I could still using the two other controls, have
> heat.  I am not really familiar with this part of the TR4, especially since
> lot is hidden.  I did spray some DW40 on the cables, thinking something
> might
> be stuck, but still not getting a warmth, and at 32F today it was a bit
> chilly
> on the usual Saturday drive.
>
> Any assistance, certainly be appreciated, and remember I am novice on some
> of
> this stuff, so keep suggestions elementary for my brain.

The heat is controlled by a valve on the right rear of the engine.  Is the
cable opening and closing the valve?  (This can be verified visually)  Are the
hoses getting warm?

Also, since you have no fan the only air that will pass through the heater
will be ram air from the scuttle vent at the base of the windshield.  Is that
vent open?

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org