Re: [TR] TR4 Heaters

To: "Tim I. Purdy" <timipurdy@citlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Heaters
From: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 11:21:17 -0500
On Saturday 16 December 2006 08:28 pm, Tim I. Purdy wrote:
> The heater in my 64 TR4 no longer works at all.  The fan, went out a year
> ago, making an ugly sounds, but I could still using the two other controls,
> have heat.  I am not really familiar with this part of the TR4, especially
> since a lot is hidden.  I did spray some DW40 on the cables, thinking
> something might be stuck, but still not getting a warmth, and at 32F today
> it was a bit chilly on the usual Saturday drive.
>
> Any assistance, certainly be appreciated, and remember I am novice on some
> of this stuff, so keep suggestions elementary for my brain.
>
> Tim
> Susanvlle, CA

Tim,

TR4, 4A, 250 and I think TR6 heaters are on Ebay all the time and I believe
they are interchangeable. If you decide to get a newer one, go for the 2
speed. I am guessing it will be a real pain to remove the old one and install
a new one. I installed mine, but without the dash installed etc in place. I
used new rubber washers available from TRF. Not too bad to get the 3 bolts
in. Make sure the bolt sleeves are clean due to the close tolerance of the
metal guides in the rubber washers.

Bob

===     http://www.vtr.org