RE: [TR] oil filler cap leakage

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] oil filler cap leakage
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:01:03 -0800
> There is not excessive pressure at the oil filler opening when
> the engine is hot or cold when revving up the rpms.  I can keep my hand on
the
> opening without pressure buildup for a few minutes.

> Anyone
> been down this road before?

I have, although not on a TR6.  Chances are your rings are worn.  Under heavy
throttle (not just revving the engine up without a load), the blowby past the
rings is more than the crankcase vent system can handle (even working as
original) and pressure builds up.

If that's the case, the right solution is to re-ring the engine.  But you
might be able to work around it temporarily by adding a bigger crankcase
vent.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org