Re: [TR] Oil filler cap leakage

To: Brian.L.Jones@gsk.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Oil filler cap leakage
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:51:21 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Brian,

You have a good point.  I just have a daily driver.  It's certainly not a show
car.  I significantly reduced the rate of oil leakage by rebuilding the oil
cap.  I'll try to bend the tabs on the old one first if the tabs aren't worn
down already.  Then buy a new one if it doesn't work well.  The engine is still
in good shape according to the compression values and performance.  It just
seems funny to me have a new shiny part standing out against the grimy dirty
oily engine.  But it will become dull and blend in eventually.  The car runs
too good to rebuild the engine.  I even leave other TR6's behind when traveling
with the local club shifting at 2500 rpms.  Misting is fine with me!  I also
have the front timming cover bottom leak to address.  I need to put heli-coils
(sp) in the front aluminum block.  I did the front oil pan threads in the block
already.

Thanks,
Greg Perry

===     http://www.vtr.org