Re: [TR] TR3 carpets mats

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 carpets mats
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:21:30 -0700
John Wise wrote:

> ...I am just curious why the rubber ones work in both cars, but not
> the carpet ones?  Any experience out there?

IMO, the rubber ones don't fit particularly well in the TR4.  They're
okay, but clearly were designed for a TR3 pan.

I have made my own carpet mats for other (non-British) cars by cutting a
piece of carpet to shape and taking it to a gal who has a binding
machine (or whatever it's called).  Here home business is making door
mats & throw rugs out of people's remnants but she had no problem with
the tight turns and complex shape of the car mats.  She charged $1 per
foot.  No idea how you find one in PHX.

Geo

===     http://www.vtr.org