Re: [TR] Fwd: TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold

To: one_second_zero@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: TR: suggestions for refinishing exhaust manifold
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 18:18:33 EST
In a message dated 2/7/2007 4:02:26 PM Central Standard Time,
one_second_zero@yahoo.com writes:
> For those of you that have TR6's with the air injection rail on the exhaust
> manifold, how did you "restore" that portion of the exhaust system?  If I
> use the OEM 1976 exhaust manifold, It has the air injection ports tapped into
> each exhaust runner on the manifold with a threaded pipe fitting which then
> feeds a common pipe or rail.   All of this air injection system attached to
>the
> exhaust manifold is discolored and rusty looking from 30+ years of high heat
> conditions.  Would you ceramic coat all of it?  Or just media blast them the
> air injection components?   Obviously, removing the air injection system and
> plugging the tapped holes in the manifold is one solution, but at this
> point, I prefer to keep it OEM.   If I were not going OEM, I would ditch the
>OEM
> manifold for a header.

That stuff was originally zinc plated.  You can buy the zinc plating kit from
Eastwood and plate them yourself (after sand blasting) or find a local jobber
to do it for you.  A fellow member of the local club said you can get that
plumbing in stainless which would be really nice but not OEM.

Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org