[TR] Distributor springs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Distributor springs
From: Tom Note <tom628@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:34:08 -0600 (CST)
I'm trying to sort out some problems with excessive pinging at mid range rpm in
my '76 TR6.

As a start, I'd like to replace the present advance springs in the dizzy, since
I don't know if they're oem, or if the PO was playing around with the adv.
curve. Anyone know of a source for stock adv. springs? I don't see them listed
in the catalogs I have.

Also, do any of the vendors carry a selection of advance springs?

Finally, is there a formula for calculating the spring rate, knowing the wire
dia., no. of coils, etc.?

Thanks,

Tom

===     http://www.vtr.org