Re: [TR] Distributor springs

To: "Tom Note" <tom628@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Distributor springs
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 16:02:01 +0100
Hi Tom,

here you go:

http://www.southernsprings.co.uk/download-frame.htm

Eric
Heinsberg/Germany
123ignition dealership
www.brits-n-pieces.com

Tom Note wrote:

I'm trying to sort out some problems with excessive pinging at mid range rpm
in my '76 TR6.

As a start, I'd like to replace the present advance springs in the dizzy,
since I don't know if they're oem, or if the PO was playing around with the
adv. curve. Anyone know of a source for stock adv. springs? I don't see them
listed in the catalogs I have.

Also, do any of the vendors carry a selection of advance springs?

Finally, is there a formula for calculating the spring rate, knowing the wire
dia., no. of coils, etc.?

Thanks,

Tom

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]

===     http://www.vtr.org