Re: [TR] Valve job for a virgin

To: dconnitt@fuse.net, triumphs@autox.team.net, banc8004@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Valve job for a virgin
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 20:00:23 EST
In a message dated 2/9/2007 7:22:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dconnitt@fuse.net writes:

You  could try the old rope down the spark plug hole trick. The object of
this  game is to fill up two cylinders on opposite ends with enough  material
(rope) that the pistons push on the rope which in turn forces the  head off
the block by turning the crankshaft.

==AM==
I realize this is fairly common practice on the sixes and the small fours
(Herald, Spitfire). And I also realize the worst case scenario I'm about to
suggest is a slim possibility on an engine that might never have been apart in
40+ years. But is there not some risk of disturbing the cylinder liners in a
TR4  motor at some point during this "rope trick" process?

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

===     http://www.vtr.org