Re: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose

To: aribert@c3net.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose
From: ZinkZ10C@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:35:18 EST
_Static_ compression selection is dictated by available fuel octane and
camshaft selection.   _Dynamic_ compression is affected by valve timing and
overlap.  So, select the cam then work towards static CR.  There are some
calculators
for this floating around, I'll see if I can find a link.

A long duration cam does not build much pressure at low speeds, if the static
compression isn't raised the motor will be very saggy.

If a stock ( short ) duration cam is installed in a high CR motor, high
octane fuel will be required but the power level won't be much different than
stock
CR.

Harold

===     http://www.vtr.org