[TR] What compression ratio would you choose

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] What compression ratio would you choose
From: aribert <aribert@c3net.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:09:28 -0500
For those of you who have or have had warmed over TR6/GT6 (although I
suspect this question applies to 4 cyl engines as well) what compression
ratio did you did you choose and why?  If you have had several different
compression ratios, which one did you like the most?  This is for a
seasonal "daily driver" that has to deal with stop and go urban traffic
on my daily commute.  At what point for you does the hassle outweigh the
performance gain.  Ever wished you had a lower CR?  At what point should
one expect to need a premium grade of gasoline (91 octane vs using an 87
octane mid-grade (near sea level))?  I realize this question is somewhat
like asking which is your favorite child.

===     http://www.vtr.org