Re: [TR] TR4A AC

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A AC
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 14:28:24 -0500
> While my experience with Audi's is somewhat limited, isn't  reccomending
> an
> Audi accessory like reccomending use of a Lucas wiring harness  on the
> space
> shuttle?  My father had one, and a couple of friends have had  them, and
> they
> ran well, and handled nicely, but one by one all the switches and
> accessories
> quit like clockwork...
>
> Robert B.  Houston
> Texan in New Mexico

Sorry, I have to rise to the bait!  I've had Audis since 1978 and have never
had a problem with them.  They are reliable, but. like most fine machinery,
you cannot ignore maintenance.

I sold my 1985 Audi 4000 Quattro with 275,000 miles on it, after the
original clutch finally failed.  Both my daughters learned to drive in this
car.  The guy that bought it was going to replace the clutch and turn it
into an ice racer.

Our current A4 is by far the best car, all-round, that I have ever owned.
My XK8 is a nice car, but the A4 is better.

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
2000 Jag XK8
2005 Audi A4