[TR] TR4A AC

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] TR4A AC
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 14:15:26 -0500
I have some reason to think that my TR4A had aftermarket air conditioning
installed at one time.  There are two 1.25'' holes cut in the panels above the
passenger footwell that look like they were the in/out for the evaporator
coil.  I recall in the time (1966) that Sears and others offered add on AC
units for many cars.  In fact I had one put in my, then new, 66 Mustang 2+2.
I have searched the web for info and can't find much available.  I have seen
some units for the TR6 but nothing for the 4A.  Does anybody have any insight
on adding AC to a 4 cylinder TR?  It sure would be nice to add it and use the
fresh air vents.  I think there is plenty of power with the 4 engine to run
one if I could keep it cool.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.ArrestMeRed.com