Re: [TR] oil line failure

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] oil line failure
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:09:09 -0700
Bob Labuz wrote:

>Has anyone ever heard of a failure in the flex oil line that connects the oil
>pressure gauge?

Yep, one day as we pulled into the garage my son Riley said "the TR4 is
leaking oil." I said something like "no joke" since, well, it *is* a
British car. He said "no, it's really leaking." There was a stripe of
oil leading up the driveway. The next day I followed the stripe 1 1/2
miles toward the grocery store. It was a very small leak about 2" from
the engine-end of the line, but still in 1 1/2 miles we were already two
quarts low.

40+ years is a pretty good service life, but I think that hose should be
a routine replacement for any restoration project.

Steven Newell
Littleton, CO USA
'62 TR4 x 2

===     http://www.vtr.org