Re: [TR] oil line failure

To: Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net>, Triumph Email List
Subject: Re: [TR] oil line failure
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 19:52:43 -0600
Bob Labuz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone ever heard of a failure in the flex oil line that connects the oil
> pressure gauge?

Yep, my oil line on my TR250 fatigued right at the brass barb connection
- at the block.  It actually looked like it had sustained some sort of
abrasion, but by the time I noticed it at 65 mph - the oil pressure was
descending to zero and the rods were knocking.  The date was sometime in
the Summer 1974.  The place was 1/2 mile before the City Line Avenue
exit on the Schuylkill Expressway.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org