[TR] Oil line failure

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Oil line failure
From: Cosmo Kramer <tr4a2712@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 04:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi List!
  Bob Labuz <yellowtr@adelphia.net> wrote:
Hello,

Has anyone ever heard of a failure in the flex oil line that connects
the oil pressure gauge?
  ----------------------
  Yes, I've heard of this happening before & it usually happens when someone is
out on the road.Therefore they are stuck.

  So what does one do?
  Well, I do two things:
  1- I carry a spare line in the boot. Well after awhile it was becoming bother
some.
  2- So I now have a plug inside a 35mm film container & place it in my spare
parts box in the boot.

  I STRONGLY advise people to carry one  with them. I look at it this way:
  I would much rather spend $.00 NOW & carry the small plug with me the rest of
the car's life, than spend MEGA $Money$ to get a towed off of the thruway or
stranded place & have to wait for one of the big 3 to send me a new Flex Oil
Line [IF they have it in stock].

  Right now I have TWO (2) left if any one is interested. I will sell them for
the $5.00 each that I paid for. Just send me the $5 and a self addressed
stamped envelope. If you are interested, then E-mail me off list.

-Cosmo Kramer

===     http://www.vtr.org