Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: "Roger Wilson" <Roger@rw-architect.com>, "Randall"
Subject: Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: pethier@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:52:17 +0000
From: "Roger Wilson" <Roger@rw-architect.com>
> Are you saying to bleed the clutch by pumping it without opening the
> bleed valve?

That absolutely worked for me after I replaced the clutch slave cylinder on my
Miata.  The system had emtied itself out when the old clutch slave cylinder
failed.  I bolted in a new clutch slave cylinder, then filled the reservoir.  I
sat in the car jumping up and down on the clutch pedal for about ten minutes.
Never did touch the bleed screw.

I had another Miata guy tells me that this cannot happen and I must have a
magic car.  I don't think that's true.  :-)

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net