Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: vlm@te-motorworks.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: MMoore8425@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:18:08 EDT
In a message dated 7/28/2008 1:16:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
vlm@te-motorworks.com writes:

For what  it's worth, that is the specified way to bleed the clutch
hydraulic  circuit on my 1988 F-450, and a bleeder screw is not even
provided.

Definitely not intuitive if you've never encountered it  before.  And
it is dark out.  And you are making a repair  on the side of the road.

-vin

I really wonder if its necessary to bleed it at all. What keeps bubbles  from
rising up to the reservoir? What exactly does "holding the pedal down" do
anyway besides increase cylinder pressure and make bubbles smaller? I just
replaced a 1 inch slave on my TR3A yesterday and I haven't bled it at all. I'll

just drive it and it will take care of itself somehow! (At least it has since
1964!)
Mike Moore

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.

http://www.vtr.org