Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Bleeding Clutch Slave Cylinder
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:23:09 -0700
> Wouldn't this depend on how the slave cylinder was situated?  What I
> mean is: which is higher, the bleed screw or the hydraulic line?

It's my belief that it actually doesn't matter.  When you pump the system up
and hold it, then release the pedal suddenly, the fluid inside the slave
cylinder has more inertia than the air does.  That means the fluid will pile
up against the piston as it moves through the cylinder, forcing the air to
the end where both the bleed valve and the hose are and out the hole to the
hose.  From the air's point of view, the end temporarily becomes the top.

Anyway, my bleed valve is on top; and the procedure works for me.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net