Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Dumb tire and tube question
From: Bob <yellowtr@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 08:15:54 -0500
On Saturday 10 January 2009 02:53:14 Jeremiah Curry wrote:
> So this is probably a dumb question, but bear with me.  I have a 57 TR3
> with steel wheels and Michelin radials.  I plan on replacing the radials.
> Do I need a tube in there, or with the new tires seal on the wheels?  Also
> where is a good place to get tires. Tirerack didn't have the correct size.
>

> Thanks
>
> Jeremiah
Jeremiah,

No you don't. All you will need is to install a tubless plug. I have the std.
steel wheels on my 3 and have never required a tube. The rims are made for
tubless tires.

If you plan to change the tires yourself, you will experience that fact when
you try to "break" the beads!

Bob

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net